LAST YEAR ANGOVE viticulturist Nick Bakkum used 2500 WoodShield posts as replacements in the company’s 66ha cer t ified organic vineyard. Bakkum said they needed the plastic-coated posts because their certification said treated pine posts were a no-no. And he is about to install almost 70,000 of the posts across 90ha of new plantings – most in the Riverland but a few hectares at McLaren Vale as well. These are redevelopment projects, removing old plantings and trellis and replacing with new.
- Comparing which vineyard post is best: wooden, steel and trellis post alternatives
- The Lead – Circular solution reduces plastic waste in Australian wine industry – October 2019
- Wine & Viticulture Journal – June 2019
- Ladies In Racing 2019 Magic Millions
- Southern Farmer North East / Goulburn Murray Farmer VIC – June 2018